Pages

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,



Hebrews 12:1







Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Projects



A couple of years ago somebody gave me a book about knitting toys for children which I haven't ever used.  I looked through it and liked the projects but never had any reason to make them.  Fast forward to present: me with an ever growing yarn stash.  I decided that I really needed to do something with my yarn before I found myself knee deep in it. I started looking through my books to find something that could work and discovered a pattern for a knitted doll.  Since I had quite a bit of different colored yarn leftover from my purses, I decided to try it.

The first one I  made was the pink and purple  fairy.  The pattern was easy to follow and didn't take to much time.  Trying to embroider her face, do something, anything with her hair, and arranging her skirt to look like petals (I imagined her as a flower fairy), was what took the most time!  I think I starred at the skirt for the better part of a week, trying it first one way and then another!


The green and yellow one was an accident.  But once Mom found the netting, I was in love.  The skirt and the hair went much smoother this time.  So did her face.  I only had to do it once!

This project was a lot of fun and easy to do. I do think I would make it again just not in the immediate future.  One can do the same pattern for only a short time.

3 comments:

  1. How pretty! Great job, Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey -

    Have you ever considered about making baby blankets for your local Crisis pregnancy center?

    Aunt B

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, Audrey!!! If you ever make more and don't know what to do with them, I would buy one for each of my girls. They'd love them!

    ReplyDelete