Pages

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,



Hebrews 12:1







Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Tale of Three Purses


     We are hoping to visit some friends this fall who live near a lot of historic sites.  I saw a pattern for a purse which was supposed to be small and light enough for site-seeing but sturdy enough to carry camera and guidebook.  So I decided to make Mom, Jacqueline, and myself coordinating bags. The pattern was relatively easy to follow and a lot of fun to make.  However, by purse #3, I was more then ready to be done and move on to something new!  You can't tell from the pictures but these purses are really small, as in 9 by 7 & 1/2 inches!


       Mom wanted the purse as shown in the pattern, i.e. light and dark green with red accents.  Jacqueline's favorite color is purple so she got a dark purple and rose bag with light green accents.  My favorite color is blue so I had light and dark blue also with light green accents.

      I still have to decided what to do about handles.  We thought about pre-made wooden handles but they are much to big.  The pattern actually calls for a braided handle with eight different strands of yarn, but I have reservations about its strength.  I sure I'll figure something out before our trip, although with my record it might be the night before!

4 comments:

  1. For shopping purses I would think a long shoulder strape would be best. Either over the shoulder or one that is long enough to slip over your head to wear across your chest.

    Aunt B

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very pretty! And they sound like they're just the right size! If I had crocheted them, I would crochet straps using a single crochet about an inch or so wide. Would that work with knitting? Could you just knit a strap with a basic stitch about an inch wide? I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're beautiful, Audrey! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the advice, ladies. I will just have try all the sugustions and see which one works best!

    ReplyDelete