1c all-purpose flour
1 1/2c white sugar, divided
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6Tbsp cold unsalted butter
1/4c boiling water
1/4c cold water
1Tbsp lemon juice
4c fresh blackberries, rinsed & drainedor frozen berries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree. Place a 9" baking dish on a cookie
sheet-I use a ceramic tart dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, 1/2c sugar, baking powder, & salt.
Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir
in 1/4c boiling water just until mixture is evenly moist.
3. In a large saute pan dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Add
the remaining 1 c sugar, lemon juice & berries. Bring to a boil.
Stirring frequently, allow mixture to thicken. Transfer the
mixture to the baking dish.
4. Drop dough into the dish by the spoonfuls.
5. Bake 25 mins. in the preheated oven-until the dough is golden
brown. Allow the cobbler to cool for 5 mins. then serve warm
with ice cream.