Pages

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,



Hebrews 12:1







Monday, June 27, 2011

Tea!


This past Thusday, a friend from church, Miss Sharon, took us to a tea house called The Potted Geranium  in Greensboro to celebrate my graduation. 


The house was built in the early 1800's. The owner beautiful restored it before turning it into a tea parlor. The house is my favorite style (square farmhouse) and it even has my much loved yellow siding!


The food was really delicious! Jacqueline and I had chicken salad on croissants with a house salad of spinach, cranberries, walnuts, some sort of cheese, and the most wonderful dressing!  Mom had turkey salad and the same type of salad as Jacqueline and I had.


We had a delightful time of food and fellowship. We really can't thank Miss Sharon enough for taking us there, especially since we will going there for a certain holiday in November! ( Yes, birthdays, especially mine, are holidays).




The gardens behind the house are lovely and very well kept. I thought this bird house was very cute.


Of course before we left, we had to get a little antiquing in. I bought three books one of which was pre-turn of century edition of Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell. The edition is not in the best of shape but I thought it would go very nicely with the old book collection I have and I am rather a sucker for all books Elizabeth Gaskell.





The town is very quaint. This is the First Presbyterian Church. The brickwork and the magnificent doors are astounding.



Coming Soon!
The Classics
Cafe and Bookstore


Wouldn't that make a perfect bookstore & cafe? With the smell of fresh-brewed coffee, new books, and my homemade, right  from the oven, blueberry muffins, coffeecake, lemon squares, and maybe slices of apple pie in a glass case, it would be heaven, at least for me.




2 comments:

  1. How fun! Miss Sharon is such a sweet lady. I'll never forget riding up through the mountains to the Wilds with her. I was in the back seat of her car and Verdi's Requiem was blasting away! Congratulations on your graduation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like y'all had a lot of fun! And it sounds like you're looking forward to your birthday trip, too!

    I think that birthdays should be holidays, too. They only come once a year!!

    ReplyDelete