Pages

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,



Hebrews 12:1







Friday, April 29, 2011

Beep, Beep...

A cold hand shakes me. It's still dark.  Jacqueline's voice practically yells in my ear" Wake up! It's almost time."  Hard to believe that Jacqueline, affectionately known as "Sleeping Beauty" for her late sleeping hours, is the one waking me up.  I roll over.  My alarm clock says 5:11.  I quickly put both feet on the floor and wrap my bathrobe around me.  Down the stairs.



 Jacqueline has come back from her waking rounds and has reseated herself on the couch.  I plop down in the chair as Mom emerges to sit on the couch.


Why are we all in the living room at this time of day?











It"s the Royal Wedding, of course!







As Jacqueline and I are second generation Americans on our mother's side, her mother having been born in England at the close of World War II, we're  very proud of our heritage!


This auspicious moment demands a cup of tea. It IS a British Royal Wedding, after all!

  Pray for us as Jacqueline has been up since 4:15 and I have been up since 5:11 and we have Guild today! ( Guild is this really scary piano competition where you play most of your pieces from the year and every scale known to man in front of a judge! )

No comments:

Post a Comment